[CQ-Contest] QSO B4... NO YOU DIDN'T!

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Dec 8 06:29:41 EST 1998

Tom Hammond writes:
> Having a Q 'in the log' is fine, BUT does it matter if it's 'in
> the log' at the RIGHT DATE/TIME...???

I am pretty sure that some contests only look at callsigns
and they dont really care about the times.

> What if the guy who thinks you're a dupe has you in his log on
> 12/07 (the date when you did NOT work him) and he (really) works
> you again on 12/08 as a courtesy to you because you say he's not
> on YOUR log.  Now, when he does a post-contest cleanup, his
> software marks the 12/08 Q as a DUPE and removes(!) it from his
> log.

Why would his software remove it fromt he log - it should only
mark it as a DUPE and give it zero points.

I have found it eaiser and faster to work dupes that call me when I am
CQing in every contest except for SS - in SS I will tell them they are
a dupe and give them the QSO number they gave me so they can check
their log.  The contest software I use lets me work dupes while
I am CQing and makes it hard for me to work a dupe when I am searching
and poaching.

--

George Fremin III                   You know you've achieved perfection
Johnson City, Texas                  in design, not when you have nothing

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com