[CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Contest

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 10:38:45 EST 1998

In a message dated 12/14/98 10:13:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kc5ajx at hotmail.com writes:

> I have one question about one QSO. I worked SP7VC and he signed /7 I
>  assume he was in the 7th US call area and not in Slovenia (sp) if so I
>  lost 1 dx multi as the program logged as a DX station. anyone know if he
>  was here or over there?

> Now I know that there are those of you on here that would laugh at my
> score but even if I didn't win I had fun all weekend

SP7VC/7 is in Poland, some countries require their ops to sign portable if
they operate from their cottage QTH or portable. So he is SP7.
Don't worry about your score, we all started like that, nobody jumped out of
their mother's womb. We first lay on our butt, then croll, then slowly walk,
then run, then some of those who persist and work on it, become world champs.
Enjoy it as you go, learn, build bigger and better antennas and station and
your satisfaction and amount of fun will increase proportionately. Contesting
is the most rewarding and longest lasting enjoyment of ham radio hobby/sport.
Hang in there and have fun!
I did and after 40 years of contesting still going strong!

Yuri K3BU, VE3BMV, VA1A, VE1BY, P40A

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com