[CQ-Contest] SWL Card Question

MarchandJohn jmarchand at ecrm.com
Wed Feb 18 08:35:52 EST 1998

Hi Mike,

If it is a foreign SWL QSL, it would be good if you returned one of your
QSL's to him/her. In some foreign countries (last I heard), in order to
qualify for a ham license the person had to spend some time as an SWL and accumulate QSL cards from x-number of countries (like brownie points) before they could go for a license. Dont know if this is still true, but "benefit of
the doubt" can apply, I guess. He/she even sent along an SASE so that
minimumizes the effort of sending a return QSL.

I'm not the best QSL'er in the world but I do try to answer SWLs when
possible.

Just a thought.

73, John K1RC
35 mi NW of Boston