[CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities

Dave_K9NX n7ex at athenet.net
Tue Jan 6 12:40:53 EST 1998

At 08:34 PM 1/5/98 +0000, John Devoldere (ON4UN) wrote:
>I get very excited when someone, be it on CW, Phone or RTTY comes back to
>my calls and sends "Worked Before"... Well, If he would be in my log, I
>would not call him! I know this has been discussed before, and most, after
>having explained that "they" are not in "our" log, give me "another" report.
>
>Some profer to argue for 5 minutes instead of giving a report which takes
>10 seconds...

As they used to say  (and maybe still do) in California...RIGHT ON
DUDE...My policy is to work dupes when they call me. As you point out it is
much quicker to do that than to try and help they guy sort out his log with
a busted call on the other end. I dont even bother anymore with the "SRI
WRKD B4" messages, they take longer to send than than 599WI ~8^). The
logging software takes care of the rest !

Dave
K9NX
..

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com