[CQ-Contest] CW QSY Format Proposal

george fremin iii geoiii at bga.com
Sun Jan 11 09:52:51 EST 1998

>frequency.  QSY 6R33? would mean can you move to 10M, 28033?  QSY 3R44 would
>mean move to 40M, 7044.  New twist:  QSY 5RXX would mean to move to 15M, but
>the same frequency in KHz as is currently showing on the present band.  You
>are working a station on 7044.5 KHz and ask the station to QSY 5Rxx, he would
>move to 21044.5.  An abbreviated question about moving to another band might
>be QSY6??, meaning move to 10M??
>
>An alternative system that could also be used on phone would be to use an
>alphanumeric, with bands being from A to F.  QSYA12 would mean QSY to 1812.
>QSYF115 would mean 28115.

I don't see how this is eaiser?   If you send either "10M?" or
even better "28034" - the guy that can copy the code and
is doing the contest will understand.  The guy that can't
copy the code will not be able to understand your new way at all.

And then the op that can copy the code but is not in the know
about your method will just be confused - then you will
end up sending the frequency to him anyway.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com