[CQ-Contest] Contest Exchange

Hill, Russell C. margoh at compuserve.com
Sat Jan 24 18:38:38 EST 1998

Greetings, All:
In the CQ 160M contest this weekend there is a Carribean station which is
giving 599 BK as his exchange. The required exchange is supposed to be
signal report, state/province/dxcc country.   Am I being
obsessive-compulsive if I decline to count it as a good QSO for the contest
since he is not giving the required report?  If the dx country is obvious
from his call, then I guess he should not have to give the required contest
exchange?  But by not giving the required exchange, he is saving maybe a
second per Q and gaining an cumulative advantage over the dx stations which
are giving the full exchange.
Or should I be a good ole boy and put him in the log, figuring the country
is obvious and he is maybe not really cheating?
Obsessive-compulsive, or, good ole boy?
Whadda ya think?
If I receive a significant number of replies, I will total and report on
the reflector.
73,
Rusty
NA5TR