[CQ-Contest] The contest has ENDED !!

Ralph Bowen rbowen at iglobal.net
Fri Jul 3 20:00:49 EDT 1998

What can be inferred from all this discussion is that the contest sponsor
dictates what kind of "log-massaging" can be done in the time between the "end"
of the contest and the posting deadline by the length of time it allows.   If
someone with no life wants to spend that time listing to tape recordings, etc.,
so be it.

Amateur radio contesting is supposed to be fun.  It is also an activity which
requires a great deal of TRUST amongst the participants.  A sponsor can write
the rules any way it pleases with the caveat that many rules in such a setting
are NOT enforceable without on-site judges ---- on-site from the start of the
contest until the logs are submitted.  Do ya'll really think that will ever
happen for all the contests??

Let's enjoy the contests as they are.  WRTC and similarly staged contests in a
"controlled" setting are the ones which will tell the tale.

73,  Gator  N5RZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com