[CQ-Contest] ARRL Proposal

Fred Laun K3ZO aalaun at ibm.net
Fri Jul 24 23:14:25 EDT 1998

Before we go jumping off the deep end in our comments, a couple of items
from the July 1 issue (i.e.: pre-ARRL Board meeting) of the W5YI Report:

"The FCC is  in the process of issuing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
(NPRM) which is 'rumored' to suggest a new line up of fewer Amateur Radio
license classes with less emphasis on Morse proficiency.  It could be out
any day now..." (Page 7, last paragraph)

"A majority of the Amateur population -- 56.8% -- hold no code or slow (5
WPM) code tickets.  This percentage has been increasing yearly..."  (Page
7, numbered para. 7)

Just maybe, your ARRL Director knows more about the political climate in
Gamorrah-on-the-Potomac than you do?

73, Fred, K3ZO (8 miles SE of the White House)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com