[CQ-Contest] post contest log corrections

T A RUSSELL n4kg at juno.com
Tue Jun 30 22:00:49 EDT 1998

OK  Doug,  as a member of the CQ Contest Committee,
what would you do in the case of a DX station who either
missends his call or has a timing problem in his keying
and a leading dot is missing from the sent call.

Entrants correctly copy the missent call.  Your log checkers
find these aledgedly incorrect calls logged and KNOW his
correct call because he also submitted a log.

WHO  DO   YOU   PENALIZE?

The SENDER who missent his own call, or the guys who
CORRECTLY copied was was sent over the air?

Would you penalize the guys who CHANGED the incorrectly sent
call and changed it since they knew what  it should have been?

de  Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:04:12 EDT DougKR2Q at aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 98-06-29 12:08:40 EDT, SOMEBODY wrote:
>
><< I have no problems with an operator reviewing his logs before
>submitting
> them and making corrections >>
>
>In all my years of contesting in the CQWWDX contest, I have ALWAYS
>understood
>that post contest MODIFICATIONS of callsigns is NOT ALLOWED.  When the
>conteste is OVER, the contest is OVER.  Changing/modifying a callsign
>from one
>that you believe/know is BAD to one that is/might be GOOD, is contrary
>concept of a competition held over 48 hours.  You can tape record
>whatever you
>want, LEARN about your errors, etc., but you simply can NOT change a
>callsign
>or "fill in a missing or wrong letter" once the contest is over.  As
>far as I
>know, and NOBODY has ever told me otherwise, this has been the policy
>for
>decades...and it only makes sense!
>
>de Doug KR2Q
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com