[CQ-Contest] post contest log corrections

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 21:04:12 EDT 1998

In a message dated 98-06-29 12:08:40 EDT, SOMEBODY wrote:

<< I have no problems with an operator reviewing his logs before submitting
 them and making corrections >>

In all my years of contesting in the CQWWDX contest, I have ALWAYS understood
that post contest MODIFICATIONS of callsigns is NOT ALLOWED.  When the
conteste is OVER, the contest is OVER.  Changing/modifying a callsign from one
that you believe/know is BAD to one that is/might be GOOD, is contrary to
concept of a competition held over 48 hours.  You can tape record whatever you
want, LEARN about your errors, etc., but you simply can NOT change a callsign
or "fill in a missing or wrong letter" once the contest is over.  As far as I
know, and NOBODY has ever told me otherwise, this has been the policy for
decades...and it only makes sense!

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com