[CQ-Contest] Has the contest ended yet?

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Sun Jun 28 09:37:38 EDT 1998

I read K1AR's editorial in this months CQ magazine with interest.  His
topic is just when does the contest end?

This is one point of the contest rules that sponsor seem to ignore.
Personally, I think if there is no rule against an activity, then the
activity must be OK with the sponsors of the contest.

One can only assume that the sponsors for CQWW, SS, and other big contests
are OK with recording the contest and playing it back to remove mistakes.
They are OK with elaborate database checking programs to find unique QSO's
in the post contest log and remove them before entry.

Well, personally I am not OK with it.  When I turn off the radio at 00Z,
the long is in the same shape it is in when I submit it, unless I made a
note to myself during the contest to change something in the log.

So John, to answer your question... the contests ends at 00Z for me too.  I
hope others agree.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)