[CQ-Contest] Has the contest ended yet?

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at ij.net
Tue Jun 30 01:41:13 EDT 1998

I must concur....

Massaging of logs post-contest is not (IMHO) in the spirit of the contest.
This all got big a few years back when a noted DXpedition type went to
someplace exotic and operated from the balcony overlooking the ocean...or
somesuch....he recorded the  contest audio and only kept a multiplier sheet
so that he knew who to look for as far as countries and zones....in other
words...he did the log AFTER 00Z SUNDAY!

I am very hard pressed to say that that is an okay thing...in essence it
takes away some of what makes the really good guys really good - they stay
sharp for 48 hours - tuned in to what is going on the whole contest.

At 00Z it is over - I personally look for obvious typos in my computer data
entry...such as spaces BEFORE a callsign (which do NOT look like dupes even
if they are!) and calls with four letter suffixes, etc...

Other than that.......done @ 00Z Sunday....period.

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com