[CQ-Contest] more -Has the contest ended yet?

Fatchett, Mike Fatchett.Mike at tci.com
Mon Jun 29 16:37:09 EDT 1998

I have to agree with Dale.  Before computers we sat down and duped the logs
again after the contest just to be sure.  We almost always found more dupes.
This also gave us the chance to fix penmanship issues and fix calls that
were noted in the margins etc.

Just because you do not have the time to sit through the contest again does
not make it wrong for an operator that does to do so.

Another post mentioned comparing callsigns to a masterlist.  I would suspect
that most of us using computers are already using a master list of
callsigns.  Is this wrong?  How much faster will machines need to get before
the entire callbook is searched in a fraction of a second?

If you don't want people going over the logs then make them due/postmarked
24 hours after the end of the contest.

Since when is correcting mistakes not in the spirit of the contest?

Mike
W0MU

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com