[CQ-Contest] Field Day Lament

Paul E. Knupke, Jr. pk at ij.net
Mon Jun 29 14:26:24 EDT 1998

I was in the field at a 5A site and we made sure we put six meters on the
air.  The group I do field day with is more into casual operating mostly and
getting as many stations as we can muster on the air.

We had great conditions in FL and with 100w into a 3 ele beam up at 40' we
did very well.  I think we did 130 Q on 6 alone.

It is very worth while to setup six at field day!  Last year we netted about
60Q alone on Sunday because Saturday was not good condition wise.

Wish we had more time to play on two SSB as we had a good enhancement.

73,
Paul
KR4YL

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com