[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Monte Stark ku7y at dri.edu
Tue Mar 3 18:38:08 EST 1998

Hi Dale,

I disagree completely!

The DX operator asks all of us to log him with all kinds of goofy stroke
this and that's! But that's OK because our time isn't worth anything.

The excuse that you don't know how much power I'm running and if I am
telling the truth or not is nothing but a the same big cop out that the
ARRL uses to deny QRPers an endorsement for DXCC. You take it on faith
that I am licensed, that my call is what I say it is, that I am not
running an illegal amount of power, that I am licensed to be in the sub
band where we work and etc.

As you said, all you are really confirming is what I said over the air.
Not what might really be the case.

If we were to hold the DX station responsible for any errors or lies
made by the station working the DX, then there would be no cards
exchanged. All we are asking for is to log the call the way we send it!

If I sent a /[country you need] after my call, I'll bet you would log
it. But you could not prove I was there.

All we are asking for is some courtesy.

This is not a flame. It's just something I happen to believe in very
strongly!

Thanks, cul,

--
73,  Ron, KU7Y