[CQ-Contest] Two contests within a contest?

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Sat Mar 7 10:10:47 EST 1998

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Eskenazi/Leveque wrote:

> Given all else being equal, DX0DX is going to save ALOT of time in his
> exchange, especially over 48 hours.
> A rather glaring inequity...?

What do I do about it?  I call the station again and make him say my call
at least one time.  If everyone did the same thing, then these guys
wouldn't get away with this slack operating technique.

It's like this Latrel Sprewell (sp?) for Golden State who choked his
coach.  Now he is going to get play before his 1 year suspension.
Everyone is upset about it.  But you know what?  Nobody will do anything
it.  The owner of the Warriers will play him.  The fans of Golden State
and every other team in the NBA will come and watch him.  And he will get
away with doing it.

Dont let these poor ops get away with it.  Call them again and make them
say/send your call correctly at least once.  A QSO is a two way contact.
I think it is your responsibility to make sure it is two way.

Oh, and dont go watch any NBA game that Latrel Sprewell plays in.

73

Bill, W4AN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com