[CQ-Contest] ARRL SSB- missing states

Eric Rosenberg rosenberg.eric at orbcomm.com
Wed Mar 11 01:36:54 EST 1998

There aren't many of us in DC, although I do see antennas on
nearby houses.
Most of the activity is from club stations (most notably W3USS
and K3VOA
in recent years), so when I realized that I couldn't get on I
*thought* one
of the regulars would be there.

I've heard that 4U1WB (The World Bank in downtown DC) was
active, as were a
couple of Marylanders who got in their cars and drove south into
the District.

If I'd had an inkling that the activity level would be so low, I
would have
managed somehow to get on.

As for the CW weekend, AA3MD (a decidedly non-contester type who
lives in
my neighborhood) and I were on for a couple of hours during the
CW contest,
although between us I think we made only 200 Q's.

I'm in the process of putting up decent antennas, so wait 'til
next year!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
w3dq at amsat.org

At 14:31 11-03-98 +1300, Martin Ellis wrote:
>ARRL98 SSB Contest
>
>Good morning,
>Some states were hard to find on any band, so I was not
>successful in getting a clean sweep of WAS on a single band.
>
>Missing states from my log:
>
>	10M	RI, VT, DC, ND
>	15M	VT, DC
>	20M	VT, DC, LA, ND.
>
>Was there much activity from those states?
>
>Anyone keen to make a DXpedition to DC next year?

[stuff deleted]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com