[CQ-Contest] TWO entries in ONE Contest

Jose R. Hierro ea7kw at arrakis.es
Thu Mar 12 10:04:55 EST 1998

Vladimir A. Gordienko wrote:

> TWO ENTRIES IN ONE CONTEST ?
> The story. It was in 1996. I was going to take part in the Ukrainian DX
> Contest in SO 15m MIX category. The contest begins at 12:00 UTC.I started
> to work on 21MHz, but because of bad conditions and low contest activity
> my contest was finished in a couple of hours.I thought: what I have to do?
> I decided to continue my job on the other bands,first of all to support the
> contest activity getting fun and I came back to 15m next morning. Finally
> I sent two logs to the contest committÅe, one for 15m entry and another
> for all bands entry. What did happen later? Then I got the Results,I was
> surprised:I was placed first in SO 15m MIX category and 3rd in SO MB MIX
> category! My friends contesters noticed me something like these: " You
> should not send two entries in one contest", "You must send one log for
> your entry and another one as a check-log". Mmm...I guess they are right.
> But,if me or someone else have any real ability to make two entries in
> one contest, so what is actually wrong ?

Vlad, if two entries in a contest looks weird, what about a ONE ENTRY IN TWO
CONTEST ?:

I was at the contest committee in a local radio club at the beginning of the
80's.
We set up a kind of a 24 hours cw/ssb mixed world wide contest, RS(T) + CQ zone

as the exchange report. No zone privileges for any stations, all zone counts
same points,
equal chance to win for all stns (once a USA stn won).
First two appetizing prizes: "An all expenses-payed-red-carpet trip to Seville
during
the famous Feria", a 6 days fiesta, for 2 people each.

Rules pamphlets were spread to thousands of contesters, magazines and clubs via
snail
mail (no cq-contest reflector available at that time, hi).

A weekend in he middle of april was chosen, taking care not to coincide with
another
WW contest (it was difficult, there are always contests ALL weekends).

One year, CQ-MIR was moved to "our" date. Exchange report for MIR was the same
RS(T)+zone.
A well known DXer won the Seville contest that year. After results were
published, what a surprise ! he ALSO WON THE CQ-MIR !!!

73 de Jose, EA7KW / EH7KW

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com