[CQ-Contest] Frequency theft

Gary Letchford k0luz at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 12 17:55:02 EST 1998

PaulKB8N wrote:

> Noone really "owns" a frequency, therefore "theft" is impossible.  We all
> fight within our own contest community to hold a frequency, may the best
> signal win, but may courtesy be the guide.

Hi Paul,

I don't own the highways either,  but I'm going to be pretty
mad if you are on my side of the road going the opposite way!

It's merely an act of courtesy to not "steal" someone elses
frequency.  Of course,  the question then is.....what is
your frequency?  1/3 a hkz,  1/2 a hhz,  or 2 khz?  Some
stations seem to think that anyone within 4 khz above or
below is stealing their frequency.

A debate that will never end (at least until some get a better
front end on their rcvr!)

73
Red
K0LUZ