[CQ-Contest] Re: Field Day rule changes

Michael L. Ardai n1ist at netcom.com
Sat Mar 21 15:23:15 EST 1998

Before yelling about the Field Day rule changes, please look at last year's
rules.

Here's my summary of the changes.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

- You don't get the 100 points for making at least 5 VHF/UHF contacts (in
  addition to the point value of the contacts themselves)

- You don't get the 100 points for making at least one packet contacts (in
  addition to the point value of the contacts themselves)

- Packet contacts can only be station-to-station (can't use digis)

- It isn't clear whether digital satellite contacts or the MIR digi will
  be allowed

- You can work the same station in both CW and a non-CW digital mode on
  the same ham band.

- Contact point value (1 for voice, 2 for digital/CW) is unchanged from
  previous years (Yep, RTTY/Packet always counted the same as CW...)

We will have to wait until the actual rules come out to see what really
has changed.

/mike
n1ist at netcom.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com