[CQ-Contest] Re: shamless self-promotion

Spencer Lazar slazar19 at sgi.net
Mon May 25 23:26:39 EDT 1998

In 1956 W2AFY took me and another young ham (both of were
14 years old) to the Erie, PA hamfest. I won a free battery
charge from some local garage.

A couple years ago I won a six inch wire you hook up to
a shack on a belt antenna, instruction sheet promised
5 db gain!

In 1990 I won a PK88 and W3GH (who I did not know at the time,
called me to pick up the prize) This is probably the biggest
mistake the Green Hornet has ever made :-)

Anyone else out there win some wonderful prizes?

Sincerely,
dr. Bafoofnik

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com