[CQ-Contest] IC-781

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 09:50:36 EST 1998

In a message dated 11/7/98 8:24:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rodman at acsu.buffalo.edu writes:

>  Would contesters familiar with the 781 suggest replacing internal CW
>  filters with International Radio models?
>
>  Has any article been published on upgrading the 781 receiver
>  characteristics for making it quieter (ie like 1030C) or is there another
>  source for this work to be done?

I have not seen any articles on IC781 modifications besides notes on
commercial modifications by Signal One on upgrading IC781 to Milspec 1030.
I have installed IR filters in mine (also 125 Hz), makes big difference,
sharper skirts. I have components to do Varactor replacement in all
oscillators, eliminates phase noise problem. Also diodes to replace in all RF
switching circuits and detector, makes receiver to be quiter and better anti-
intermod characteristic. When I am done I will write it up. That is about it
to make it superb receiver.

Yuri Blanarovich
K3BU, VE1BY, VE3BMV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com