[CQ-Contest] CW speed - send vs. copy

Randy Thompson RThompson at factorysoft.com
Tue Nov 17 09:56:37 EST 1998

Good questions Dan! Here is what works for me.

Call the guy at a speed you are comfortable with.  If he is going too fast,
append QRS to the end of your call.  To a good op, this is a signal to
exactly match your sending speed. If the guy doesn't slow down, just spin
the dial.

If you don't send the QRS, then you won't always get guys to slow down.  It
is amazing how many guys call me slow, I send the exchange at normal speed,
and they QSL it.  So the default is not to slow down.

Randy, K5ZD

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com