[CQ-Contest] Dayton Thursday Nite Dinner

Rob Shapiro - ND3A nd3a at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 20:05:30 EDT 1999

--=====================_5886034==_.ALT

It was once a tradition for contesters to gather at a particular Mongolian
restaurant for dinner after having arrived in Dayton on thursday at the end of
a long journey.  Well, a group of us found out in 1997 that there was no more
Mongolian.  The group continued driving (desperate group) and found this
awesome Chinese restaurant.  It is called China House and is located on Indian
Ripple Road just to the west of Route 675.  The directions from the Crowne
Plaza (downtown) are as follows:

Take Route 48 south into Kettering.
Turn left (east) onto East Dorothy Lane.
Cross Shroyer Road, Wilmington Pike,and Woodman.
The next main intersection is East Stroop Road and County Line Road.  East
Dorothy also changes to Indian Ripple Road.  China House is on the Northeast
corner.

What the restaurant offered to do is for a fixed price per person (not
including drinks and maybe tax and tip) is to bring out one type of dish after
another.  People have found this to be very successful.  Noone has left
hungry!  I think people have begun arriving at the restaurant circa 6:00, many
travelling in a convoy from the Crowne Plaza.

I can give the restaurant a call in advance (maybe a day or two before) to
ensure availability of seating for the group.  If I have been inaccurate about
any of the above or if someone would like to add anything else, speak up.  By
the way, the restaurant info is as follows:

China House
4492 Indian Ripple Road
Beavercreek, Ohio
Tel. (937) 426-8532/4095

Hopefully, the restaurant is still in business.  It's a great way to begin the
Dayton experience!  Who knows, maybe there will be a door prize for the person
who has travelled the furthest to get to Dayton.

ALOHA, Rob

Rob Shapiro - ND3A/KH6
nd3a at hawaii.rr.com
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/nd3a
Potomac Valley Radio Club
North Shore Radio Club - WH7Q
--=====================_5886034==_.ALT

It was once a tradition for contesters to gather at a particular
Mongolian restaurant for dinner after having arrived in Dayton on
thursday at the end of a long journey.&nbsp; Well, a group of us found
out in 1997 that there was no more Mongolian.&nbsp; The group continued
driving (desperate group) and found this awesome Chinese
restaurant.&nbsp; It is called China House and is located on Indian
Ripple Road just to the west of Route 675.&nbsp; The directions from the
Crowne Plaza (downtown) are as follows:<br>
Take Route 48 south into Kettering.<br>
Turn left (east) onto East Dorothy Lane.<br>
Cross Shroyer Road, Wilmington Pike,and Woodman.<br>
The next main intersection is East Stroop Road and County Line
Road.&nbsp; East Dorothy also changes to Indian Ripple Road.&nbsp; China
House is on the Northeast corner.<br>
What the restaurant offered to do is for a fixed price per person (not
including drinks and maybe tax and tip) is to bring out one type of dish
after another.&nbsp; People have found this to be very successful.&nbsp;
Noone has left hungry!&nbsp; I think people have begun arriving at the
restaurant circa 6:00, many travelling in a convoy from the Crowne
Plaza.<br>
I can give the restaurant a call in advance (maybe a day or two before)
to ensure availability of seating for the group.&nbsp; If I have been
inaccurate about any of the above or if someone would like to add
anything else, speak up.&nbsp; By the way, the restaurant info is as
follows:<br>
China House<br>
4492 Indian Ripple Road<br>
Beavercreek, Ohio<br>
Tel. (937) 426-8532/4095<br>
Hopefully, the restaurant is still in business.&nbsp; It's a great way to
begin the Dayton experience!&nbsp; Who knows, maybe there will be a door
prize for the person who has travelled the furthest to get to
Dayton.<br>
North Shore Radio Club - WH7Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com