[CQ-Contest] Alpha 78 and FT1000MP?

Clive Whelan Clive_Whelan at compuserve.com
Tue Apr 13 14:13:21 EDT 1999

Hi

I wonder if anyone is using this combo?

Anectdotally they work well together. However I
believe that the relay line in the Alpha is
28v DC ( not sure about the current?), and yet the FT is only specified to 15V and 100mA. Therefore at first sight the FT will not key the Alpha.

One could adopt the opposite approach and key the Alpha, and let the Alpha key the FT, and most keyers will handle the voltage with ease. However is there not the
n an issue with the typical computer keying interface. I confess I don't have the 2N2222 data to hand, and I cannot remember in fact what xstr I used in my keying
 interface (2N706 perhaps?), but surely there is an issue here.

Advice appreciated.

73

Clive

GW3NJW