[CQ-Contest] Learning experience!!!

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 7 13:30:59 EDT 1999

At 08:22 AM 8/7/99 -0400, Dan Robbins wrote:

>One interesting thing would be for John to go to a rare spot, say A5 or
>even the considerably less rare A35.  He should S&P roughly the same
>number of guys in the contest and await the UBN reports to see how much
>his NIL rate has dropped.  Since we've all been told that log checking
>transcends geographical bias, the improvement in his NILs could come
>about only because of genuine operator improvement, right?  From K5 to
>A5 to A-1.

I disagree.  His NIL improvement will come because people need the mult,
and will try harder to copy it correctly, rather than not logging it to
avoid the 3 QSO penalty if they're not 100% sure of the call.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com