[CQ-Contest] Stew Perry Topband Disatance Challenge Rules
n6tr at teleport.com
n6tr at teleport.com
Wed Dec 8 00:22:17 EST 1999
FOURTH STEW PERRY TOPBAND DISTANCE CHALLENGE
1. Contest period: 1500Z December 18th to 1500Z December 19th, 1999.
Operate for a maximum of 14 hours.
2. Bands and mode: 160 meters CW only.
3. Categories: Single operator or multi-operator. Remote or packet
spotting shall not be used. Transmitting and receiving antennas
shall be located at the same QTH.
4. Exchange: Four character grid square (i.e. CN85).
5. QSO Points: The number of QSO points for each contact depends on the
distance between the two stations. This is computed by taking the
distance between the centers of the two grid squares. Count a minimum
of one point per QSO and an additional point for every 500 kilometers
distance. For example, a QSO with a station 1750 kilometers away will
count for 4 QSO points. No additional distance for long path is allowed.
If your logging software does not support this scoring method, we
will compute your score for you if you submit your log electronically.
You can also use the public domain program spscore.exe which can be
found via anonymous ftp to jzap.com in the pub/n6tr directory.
6. Score: Final score equals the total number of QSO points. There is
no multiplier for different grids worked. Stations running 5 to 100
watts output multiply their score by 2. Stations running less
than 5 watts multiply their score by 4.
7. Reporting: Your log can be sent via the internet to TBDC at CONTESTING.COM
or via diskette in MS-DOS/Windows format. It must be sent by
January 28th, 2000. Entries submitted by mail should be sent to:
Boring Amateur Radio Club, 15125 SE Bartell Rd, Boring, OR 97009 USA.
Logs shall be in ASCII format. A summary sheet may be sent, but is not
necessary. Please indicate clearly your power level, single or multi-op,
and your grid square. We sometimes have an award for the best score
by someone over the age of 50 - so your age would be necessary if you
want to get this award.
8. Plaques will be awarded for categories we have sponsors for. To
volunteer to sponsor a plaque, contact Lew Sayre, W7EW at
lew at teleport.com. Certificates will also be sent to the high
scores in each grid field (first two letters of the grid).
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest