[CQ-Contest] re: 10 Meter Contest Rule Violations

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 08:07:57 EST 1999

K3MM wrote :

  I just want to mention a couple of clear rule
violations that were occuring this
weekend:

A)  The rules state that 28300 to 28350 is a
"no-contest" area, yet the segment
was loaded with DX stations calling CQ contest.   They
did not get an answer
from K3MM this past weekend.  Hey, I think it's a
stupid rule...but rules are
rules.

  I agree with Ty that this is a stupid rule but I
wouldn't DQ any of the stations (mostly DX) that
violated it. If you are, then DQ all the people that
ignore the DX window during the 160 contest.

  I have a feeling that the ARRL created this rule
to appease the small but vocal group of people that
don't like contests.

                       Jeff KU8E