[CQ-Contest] Re: Last 2

KK7SR at arrl.net KK7SR at arrl.net
Wed Jul 28 17:15:54 EDT 1999

Greetings -

I am brand new to contesting and special event station chasing and I have
been following this thread with interest.

I don't want to be branded as a "lid", so I will ask for suggestions on
what someone who, for whatever reason, is running 100 watts or less into a
simple antenna can do to get through to the desired station.

The frustration of trying to get a 2X2 call through, let alone a 2X3 call,
before getting blasted by someone running the "legal limit" can get to you
after a while.

Your suggestions on how to be successful without being a lid would be
greatly appreciated.

I hope I haven't offended any of you on the air, yet.

BTW, I am having a blast at this after waiting for 30 years to be able to
be a part of it.

Thanks much,

Mel
KK7SR