[CQ-Contest] Cut [Serial] Numbers

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Thu Jun 3 13:36:45 EDT 1999

> TR allows you to enter a cut number, even surrounded by
> normal numbers.  When logging the QSO, it correctly
> converts it for you.  ie. 2at2 = 2102 correctly logged.
>
> Cool.
>
> Chad WE9V

This works much better if you don't use the numeric keypad.
I tend to use the keypad for s/n so I still had to translate the random
code group.
Oh well. My problem.

I think K5RC suggested a contest where the exchange IS a random code
group (computer-generated, different per QSO).
There'd be no use for databases, and no cut numbers.
Then we could use computers to actually make a better (tougher?)
contest.

And of course, let's put this contest on the U.S. Labor Day weekend ;o)

73!
Mike N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com