[CQ-Contest] SS checking..

W2CE W2CE at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 7 13:10:20 EST 1999

> >If I read it right, a call has to show up in at least 4 logs or it gets
> >bounced out.
>

> Not my understanding -- I had one ultra-unique, not in the database at all,
> but it was kept because he gave me #1.  It would be helpful, though, to
> have the criteria explicitly stated.

There can be many reason for uniques and people giving out very low
numbers. My own eample was being mobile yesterday and not having a log
going in traffic. I used a club call for which I am trustee those
contacts. Righ now there are only 3 friends who will show that call in
the log and all 3 are legitimate.

I am not sure that I really see some of he degrees of scrutiny being put
it place of contests. To me the fictional call and whether the person
really worked the mult is the question. Typos into computer, small
misreads, etc do not prey heavily on my mind. I tend to want to believe
that contesters I've known over the years are honest people and follow
the rules.

The intention of the person submitting the log is where the real
question lies.

People in CW cotests ften make a mistake in their sending. You log what
he sent. Should it be pulled later becuse he sent you the wrong call or
exchange ?

       73,  Bob Reed,  W2CE

 W2CE at prodigy.net   W2CE at aol.com    W2CE at juno.com    W2CE at arrl.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com