[CQ-Contest] SS checking..

Radio K0HB k0hb at uswest.net
Sun Mar 7 21:07:41 EST 1999

Sean Warner K0XQ wrote:

> If I read it right, a call has to show up in at least 4 logs or it gets
> bounced out.

Whoa!  Hold it right there, Pilgrim!

I haven't seen anything in the rules which says "you must show up in at least 4
logs or you don't count".

In fact, if that is so, it takes away a tried-and-true SS tactic of finding
multipliers.

Suppose it's Sunday afternoon and your still missing the "East Iowa" section for
a sweep.  But being an old traffic guy, you know where the "East Iowa Traffic
Net" meets, so you head on down to 3.612 MHz and get an exchange from KD0XXX

   (#1 A KD0XXX 94 EIA)

for that section.  KD0XXX doesn't send in his log.  It's likely that no-one else
will work KD0XXX, but it a completely legal exchange, and should not be
bounced.  This same situation would be true for those guys who just "wander by"
your run freq and are unique to your log.  They should *NOT* be tossed just
because they don't show up in an additional 3 logs!

73, Hans, K0HB

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com