[CQ-Contest] Log checking--report of collateral damage?

W2CE W2CE at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 8 16:11:25 EST 1999

About all this is going to do is cause the casual CW contester to stop
entering. No one for whatever reason wants to be the guy to have any
changes made to his log. What I submit is my best shot at what I copied.
If it is a matter that I can't be a "professionsal" CW contester with
zero errors when people try to run at 30+ wpm that's their party.

I'll start avoiding ARRL CW contests now and there goes the 350-400
QSO's I usually drag myself through mostly for the benefit of friends
scores.

This procedure and aggressiveness goes wrong in my eyes when I watch
many people, including ARRL officials, using packet and claiming SO.
That is out and out cheating by claiming a false entry class. When they
can police that, or even try to, then they can nit-pick every dit
miscopied.

Penalies should only be for intentional deception. Miscopying a number
should not be.

Consider this, every ARRL Contest Branch employee should enter the next
ARRL CW SS to get a better understanding of the effects on entrants of
this new scrutiny. Anyone care to guess how many rigs blow up that
Saturday morning or the reports of headaches and working overtime ?

I'm sorry, but I want the intentional cheaters acted on before trying to
make trouble for the simple guy trying to enter and have some fun.

--

       73,  Bob Reed,  W2CE

 W2CE at prodigy.net   W2CE at aol.com    W2CE at juno.com    W2CE at arrl.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com