[CQ-Contest] Log checking--report of collateral damage?

Hans K0HB K0HB at uswest.net
Mon Mar 8 15:20:54 EST 1999

East Coast Bob wrote:

> About all this is going to do is cause the casual CW contester to stop
> entering. No one for whatever reason wants to be the guy to have any
> changes made to his log.

Actually, I feel exactly the opposite!  In most contests (with the
exception
of November Sweepstakes) I consider myself a casual operator, but take
some
pride in trying to turn in the mythical golden error free log.  (Notice
I said
"trying"!)

I enthusiastically welcome this new effort to determine who the *really*
good operators are.

> What I submit is my best shot at what I copied.

Same with me, and if my "best shot" is more accurate than your "best
shot",
then I want to win.

If my log is full of busted exchanges, then I want to know that too, so
can beat you next year.

73, de Hans, K0HB

~~~
  Observation the morning after the contest:

  "A logging computer lets you make more mistakes faster than
   any invention in human history -- with the possible
   exceptions of a quart of tequila and a borrowed Vibroplex
   key." K0HB
~~~

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com