[CQ-Contest] Re: Sending the wrong exchange

Dale L. Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Tue Mar 9 00:56:44 EST 1999

I was one of those "guilty" of saying "K", "kilo", "KW" or
"Kilowatt".  I see no difference between any of them.  In fact,
if you want to get particular, K and kilo are the most accurate
and correct to use, as they indeed represent the power level
portion of the exchange that is required: 1,000.  "W" and "watt"
are not required in and are superfluous to the exchange.

When my mind was operating somewhat normally (for me, that's an
achievement in and of itself), I used "K".  To me, simple, clear,
and concise.  To some who I worked, I actually think they thought
it meant "Over,"  Go figure.

Don't even ask me about my feelings about the
'prefix-challenged', so-called operators out there.....heck, I
may start that thread later this week....

73,
dale, kg5u
one of the seis hijos malo of XA5T

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com