[CQ-Contest] sending/rxing exchange

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Wed Mar 10 17:36:37 EST 1999

Hi.

Can anyone rebut this? The ARRL General rules state that for a QSO to
occur, callsigns and exchange information must be sent correctly and
received correctly by each station.

It's not worded exactly like that, but is that not unequivocal?

If you bust the exchange or he busts the exchange, the Q has not
occurred. Whether you realize it's busted, or whether the log-checkers
realize it's busted (read: whether you get caught) is another matter. I
think most people would log it blissfully unaware that the other station
copied LAB for LAX. And I must admit that I would likely leave it in the
log myself. But I would refer to the rule stated above before I
complained about losing the Q in the log checking process.

IMHO

--
73, kelly
VE4XT
ve4xt at mts.net

Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author. Gender-specific
pronouns used only for convenience. Your mileage may vary. In case of
discrepancy between these opinions and the REAL opinions of the author,
the latter shall prevail. May contain peanuts. Not responsible for lost
belongings. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com