[CQ-Contest] QRZ without giving call

Mike Nash, NO6X no6x at inreach.com
Thu Mar 11 22:54:25 EST 1999

>Operating from the DX side, you would be truly astonished at the
>number of people that yell "CALL?" on your frequency, even when
you
>are giving your callsign after *every single* QSO.

This is very true. Operating from Z3 last year before the WPX contest I had
to sign Z38/NO6X.
now that gets to be a little bit of a mouthful, so in larger pileups I
would refrain and only give it every 2nd or 3rd Qso, then started hearing
"what's ur call?"
Then started giving it after every Q...still would hear "what's ur call?"
not as often, but still heard it.
some people dont know how to LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN...
If in doubt LISTEN some more.

Mike...NO6X

A Keyring, what a handy gadget. It allows me to lose all of my keys at one
time.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com