[CQ-Contest] Hear and be heard

David Gilbert davidg at primenet.com
Fri Mar 12 19:56:28 EST 1999

In my opinion, the more frustration experienced by the pileup for any
reason, the more unruly (and therefore slower) it becomes -- and one of the
quickest ways to generate that frustration for all concerned is for the DX
station not to give his call.  It's a really bad idea.  Really good ops
like G3SXW and others do very well giving their call at the end of EVERY
contact because the pileup appreciates their ability to facilitate the
contact, not hinder it.

Dave
AB7E

At 07:45 AM 3/12/99 -0700, N7DF wrote:
>I used to teach defensive driving classes.  One of the things we always
tried to pund into the heads of our students was the importance of seeing
and being seen.  If you see the other driver in time you can avoid him.  If
he can see you in time he can avoid you.

>The Corollary here is that the other operator must be able to identify you
in the shortest time possible and you must get him the exchange
information, clearly and unmistakeably, in the shortest time possible to
maximize your rate.  Anything that detracts from this is counterproductive.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com