[CQ-Contest] Contesting in year 2000?

n6tr at teleport.com n6tr at teleport.com
Mon Mar 15 06:43:49 EST 1999

> Our main contest programs are DOS based, and may also be affected.
> Has anyone studied the ability of CT, TR and NA to work
> accurately in next year's contests?  Or do we go back to
> paper logs?

I will probably have to send this message a few times, but there
isn't a problem with DOS based programs.

The trick is that when setting the date, using the DOS date command,
you have to ignore the format suggestion it gives you.  Enter the
year as four digits.  After that, all DOS loggers should be happy.

I have tested TR and it accepts this without any problem.

The ONLY problem I can think of is that some of the post contest
utilities (like the rate sheet) might be confused if a contest
happens to span the change from 1999 to 2000.

However, except for the Internet Sprint planned at 2300Z, I am not
aware of any contests that will have this problem.

Tree N6TR
tree at contesting.com
http://www.qth.com/tr

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com