[CQ-Contest] SS scoring and points

swca at ionet.net swca at ionet.net
Fri Mar 26 06:15:03 EST 1999

and Tree said:

>I remember logging some of them and my check is "67".

I'm younger than these OLD guys (my check is 71) and I also remember
logging maybe 2 or 3 of these 1-pointers routinely.  I thought I was just
following the rules.  It never would have occured to me to try to sneak one
past the log checker in those days (I was about 14).  Ah, innocence LOST.

I agree with Tree that busted information should not be "business as usual"
by deducting the bad QSO only.  This does not constitute a penalty.
Penalties are very good for what they were designed.

Mark, N5OT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com