[CQ-Contest] Fair?

Jan.E.Holm at telia.se Jan.E.Holm at telia.se
Tue Mar 30 11:43:37 EST 1999

A serious SO or MO USA score will after the WPX rulechange
increase around 500000 to 1500000 points while a serious
European score willl increas with less then 100000 points.
This sure doesnt seem fair to me. On top of everything the
North Americans will get 2 points per QSO for QSO within
their own continent while rest of the world will get only 1 point
for inter continental QSOs.
With this background, ofcourcse I am bitching. What surprises
me is that not more fellows outside the NA continent bitch
about it.
It was as you can see already bad before the rulechange.
I stress my point again, a WW contest should have a point/
scoring system that are the same for everybody.

73, Jim SM2EKM

PS: I dont know about the situation in Asia.  I cant estimate
what the change has done for a JA  fellow etc etc.
So why not keep it simple and have the same scoring system
for everybody?

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com