[CQ-Contest] Re:WPX results vs. SM2EKM claims

Arunas, LY2IJ levikuto at omnitel.net
Tue Mar 30 19:58:16 EST 1999

As I remember, NA not equal to USA. And there is at least one country
comparable to USA by ham population.

If NA wants to play on different rules than the rest of the World,
then it is fair to have 2 separate TOPs - one for the NA only
and one for the World (without NA).

Once I tried to recalculate part of CQ WW 1998 m/m claimed scores
on the same rules:
 a) 2 point for own continent and 3 for DX (NA rule)
 b) 1 point for own continent and 3 for DX (not NA rule)

Here are aprox results (if no dupes and no 0 point QSOs):

Call	Claimed score
6Y2A	44138528
J6DX	31304320
A61AJ	31000000
VE3EJ	26145288
KH7R	23277408
DF0HQ	20729176
J3A	19548592
SL3ZV	16689645

Call	score by rules "NA"
6Y2A	44138528
A61AJ	33669509
J6DX	31304320
VE3EJ	26145288
DF0HQ	25594010
KH7R	23458710
SL3ZV	21329123
J3A	19548592

Call	score by rules "not NA"
6Y2A	36871912
A61AJ	31000000
J6DX	25994000
KH7R	23277408
VE3EJ	22242168
DF0HQ	20729176
SL3ZV	16689645
J3A	15837080

I hope there are no big mistakes in my formulas
73 Arunas, LY2IJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com