[CQ-Contest] 2 point NA in CQWW

Dave Franks k2xr at zajil.net
Wed Mar 31 03:46:25 EST 1999

>I agree North America gets a raw deal in CQWW (not WPX) when it comes to
>multipliers, BUT they get double points for same-continent contacts.
>NOBODY else gets those.  With anomalies in the rules like that it is
>impossible to compare one continent with another.  By all means break
>the U.S. into ten call areas, or better still 48 States, it will give me
>more mults to work.  But to compensate, give inter-continent contacts
>the same points as everybody else in the world gets, one not two.

Andrew,

   Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the original intent of the 2 point
NA rule to encourage more operation from the Carribean contries,
specifically contest type DXpeditions ?    In that, it seems to have
accomplished it's objectives.

  Dave  K2XR in 7Z2land

 ( still waiting for WPX 'Gulf Area' plaque from '91 as 7Z2AB )

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com