[CQ-Contest] QSO Parties

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Tue May 4 11:59:56 EDT 1999

utahfolk at konnections.com writes:

<< Except for a few, these (State) QSO PARTIES ARE A WASTE OF TIME!

Alas, so true. Unless you are in the sate sponsoring the QSO party, it can be
mighty boring.
Last weekend I made a point of getting in the MARAC CW contest, since I live
in a county where me and my wife are 1/4 of the ham population. I made 75
QSO's. At 1400Z on both days, there was NO ONE in the contest on 20 meters.

This weekend is the Nevada QSO Party. The last two years, I have found no
activity, but I'll try again this weekend to put Storey County on the map.
Dedication or masochism? Go figure.

Tom, K5RC
aka K7GJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com