[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Jon Ogden jono at enteract.com
Wed May 5 13:11:33 EDT 1999

>This is probably a correct statement.  There should be some penalty
>to discourage guessing.  What I mean is that you should lose something
>if you guessed wrong.  The point is to provide incentive to either
>get the call right - or don't log it.  If there was no penalty, then
>you should just log anything and the worst that will happen is that
>it won't count.

Correct.  I think people's desire to have high QSO rates overshadows the
desire to have accurate QSOs.  If I have to listen for a guys call 4 or 5
times or more, I will.  To me, it is worth it.  If I don't have a
positive sense that I got the call OR exchange correct, it doesn't go in
the log.  PERIOD.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono at enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com