[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Wed May 5 22:36:55 EDT 1999

Jon Ogden wrote:

> Correct.  I think people's desire to have high QSO rates >overshadows the desire to have accurate QSOs.  If I have to >listen for a guys call 4 or 5 times or more, I will.  To me, it >is worth it.

That is one reason I don't like fone(y) contests.  It's hard for
me to get it right the first time.  I have a hard time
understanding some of the accents and when conditions are poor. I
would probably be guessing at half the calls I logged if I were
running stations.  CW is much easier to get calls right the first
time.  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com