[CQ-Contest] Correcting your log

thompson at mindspring.com thompson at mindspring.com
Thu May 6 16:27:31 EDT 1999

I am in favor of log checking but also favor each contestant correcting his
or her log post-contest.   What I mean is to correct typing errors and
multipliers that should or should not be.   Nothing else!

Typing errors include zero for oh, obvious errors such as K4DOL rather than
K4ODL, and slips of the fingers  (K44JRB or W4AN-) that show up.   I still
see UN1/RN1 showing up as a multiplier for the CQ 160 Contest when its was
eliminated in 1993.  I also see points wrong for KH6DX and KH7R still shows
as Kure in many logs.  These are errors that should be corrected.   The
checkers will correct them and depending on the contest will add a penalty.
If you are not sure of a contact..take it out (if in the wpx or SS) where
you send serial numbers you are stuck.

If you print a copy of the log make sure its dark enough to be readable.
And when I ask for the dup log to be printed make sure the entire dup log
gets printed.  So many truncate the last column or two.

Follow the sponsors instructions for log submittal.  If accuracy is so
important extend this to the actual submittal.   Remember your log could be
lost if the file or diskette cannot be read.   As always if you don't get a
confirmation (for e-logs) ASK.

Now go have fun.

Dave K4JRB

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com