[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Jon Ogden jono at enteract.com
Thu May 6 15:57:50 EDT 1999

>Having a bad day?

I didn't think so.

>If you read closely you will see that I offer the thought as a
>malintent for consideration, something that is permitted under the
>current rules, and propose a solution for it, I DON'T recommend the
>malintent. This is a common language device for turning over ideas in
>written, spoken communications.
>
>Take a nap and read it again. You're grousing at the fellow that
>agrees with you.

I apologize.  In the light of this post, I understand it better now.  I
took what you wrote literally.

>I have
>found the ham contesting community to be cordial and a lot of fun,
>though we ALWAYS disagree on some stuff.

Agreed.  Nothing wrong with disagreement.

>Whether you like it or not, I insist on treating you as a human being
>with inate dignity, someone whose time and space upon the planet
>counts for something, and whose posts to a listserve deserve reading
>and consideration, even if I disagree.

Thank you.  If I insulted you, I am sorry.  While I was chastising you
for what I misunderstood, I did not mean to insult.  Perhaps I could have
used more tact.  I just get a sense that some folks are more worried
about rates and scores than accuracy and making sure the other guy gets
his points too.  That is what got me hot.

>Many people have died to give us a country with the priviledge of
>open, cordial disagreement. I refuse to show disrespect for their
>sacrifice.

Thank you.

>THEREFORE,
>
>73, and I hope tomorrow is better. See you on in the contests.

I appreciate your note.  Again, sorry for the misunderstanding and sorry
to any and all I offended.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono at enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com