<n6tr@teleport.com>: Re: [CQ-Contest] busted Q's

Rex J Maner k7qq at juno.com
Fri May 7 19:58:43 EDT 1999

From: <n6tr at teleport.com>

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] busted Q's

> I agree that it should be inexcusable to creative log QSO's, however
How
> much should the pentalty be for putting    N6TR  in the log as N6RT
when
> all the rest of the information is correct.  Or getting the check as 87

> instead 78 , (I know that neither are correct just used as an example.)

> Obviously just a typo or getting old with the head bone.  YES the Q
> shouldn't count for points  but  PENTALTY ???

I agree that the difference between these two cases is minimal and
the penalty for both should probably be the same.  I have had
discussions with some of the ARRL people, and I believe they are
considering a smaller - uniform - penalty for both types of errors.

There should be the same non-incentive for guessing at a check that
there should be for a callsign.

Tree N6TR
More Quacks
I don't think the above are errors  in the true sence , however I think
most of us on occasion turn things around, dislexia I guess.

Maybe the cure to the problem would be to HAND write the log and let the
TYPO's be the error of the guy who tries to read my hand writing.

                                    Quack

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com