[CQ-Contest] Contests and frequency

n6tr at teleport.com n6tr at teleport.com
Wed May 12 11:28:04 EDT 1999

> Secondly, I guess we are talking about a contest, and ...
> Are we talking a short dash of hurdles here, or a longer, more open run?
> If the latter is the concept, well nobody seems to have an open lane
> forever, now do they?

Right - and this is the point I was trying to make.  Conditions change
during a contest and what made sense an hour ago may no longer make
sense.  They way things will be changed involve some QRM and demonstration
that you no longer hold enough aces to hold a frequency.

For example, I don't worry too much about generating some QRM to
an east coast station who is calling endless CQs into Europe, when
the band has shifted so that I have good propagation into Japan.

It is kind of like saying you are going to have a mud fight, but
don't want to get dirty.

Also, if I am a DX station in the ARRL contest - I will pretty much
decide what frequency I want to be on, and clear it out.

Why?  Because I can.

Tree

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com